Warning: Parameter 1 to Cite::clearState() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/raytheor/public_html/ahworlds/w/includes/Hooks.php on line 195
From Alternate History Worlds
|Semi-major axis||1.44 AU|
|Orbital period||587.695 days, 1.60899 years|
|Average orbital speed||?|
Rotation: 27.9 hours
(Age of the World - 3.22 billion years)
A timeline of world history, beginning with the formation of our home planet.
First Eon (3210 mya - 2710 mya)
- Formation of the World and its Moon from the accretion disk around the young star. The other planets begin to form around this time, as well.
- The oldest known minerals appear, while the oldest known rocks date back to c. 2830 mya.
- The first life forms and self-replicating RNA molecules evolve.
- Late Heavy Bombardment period ends c. 2790 mya.
- Photosynthesis begins in microscopic primordial life c. 2710 mya.
Second Eon (2710 mya - 1980 mya)
- Simple single-celled life begins to form.
- First known oxygen producing bacteria, the atmosphere later becomes oxygenic.
- The first complex single-celled life, protists with nuclei form. The first super-continent (Unnamed) forms on the surface of the world.
Third Eon (1980 mya-500 mya)
- The first major super-continent (Unnamed) forms on the surface of the world, and persists for several hundred million years, before finally breaking up towards the end of the Third Eon.
- Multi-cellular eukaryotic life begins to form.
- The first "Snowball World" period; ice covers the world for two hundred million years before finally receding following a major period of volcanic eruptions and meteor impacts.
- By the end of this eon, life flourishes wordwide in the seas, and life begins to make the jump to land.
Fourth Eon (500 mya - present)
- Major diversification and expansion of life in the (ATL Unnamed Cambrian Explosion). Numerous fossils, most modern forms of life emerge in the Fourth Eon.
- Two major super-continents have formed and divided during this period: The first (Unnamed ATL Pannotia) forms c. 490 mya, before dividing c. 330 mya. The second, (Unnamed ATL Pangaea) forms c. 200 mya, before dividing c. 75 mya.
- The second "Snowball World" event; triggers a mass extinction as most life becomes extinct in the face of tremendously colder climates and growing ice caps. Ends c. 320 mya.
- Late Fourth Eon extinction event c. 90 mya. Leaves a large crater north of the (Unnamed Southern Archipelago)
Current Date: Emergence of Humanity & The Current Glacial Maximum. Fourth Eon, Third Era. (4.3 Eo)
Age Conversions Gaia Years (Earth-Years)
0-6 (0-11) Childhood 6-9 (11-17) Adolescence 9-20 (17-37) Young Adulthood 20-30 (37-56) Middle Age 30 + (56+) Old Age
- Osculating Orbital Elements